1. What are your thoughts on prostitution? Open minded. Totally opposed to the practice of forcing people into prostitution. But if it is the persons choice and free will then I have no issue with someone deciding to work in the sex industry. Their reasons are their own and it’s not for me to judge them.
2. Have you slept with a sex worker before?
No – I have never had sex with a sex worker before. ( I was in a relationship with an ex sex worker for a few months) but I have paid to be with a sex worker and been masturbated by a sex worker but not sexual intercourse.
3. Why or why not?
Mixed feelings – happy to have paid for services in the past when I wanted to, but didn’t want to cross an emotional/moral line I had put in place on the grounds of self preservation. Although I feel open-minded and remain so, there is something in me that feels I would be letting my own set of standards down if I paid for sex, but like I said happy to pay to be masturbated. a fine line I know……..
4. What does the word ‘whore’ mean to you?
Many things but a perjorative term. Someone who ‘WHORES’ themselves out for fame…money…love….sex.
5. Do you belief in monogamy?
I’m trying to…….
6. Have you been solicited to, by a sex worker in the street? Male or female?
Yes ….female and transgender.
7. Do you think sex work is a choice?
I think it should be ….it isn’t always. There are numerous documented cases across the world of people being forced into sex work. In New Zealand I would imagine the vast majority do it through personal choice. I believe people should be allowed to have the choice to be a sex worker.
8. Are you heterosexual, bisexual or gay?
9. Are you tempted to pay for sex, if you want to experiment?
10. Lastly, do you judge others who visit sex workers regularly?
I try not to but somewhere inside me I would find myself questioning why they couldn’t find happiness without the need to regularly visit a sex worker. I 100% support their right to choose to do so though.